Skip to content
Incident Emergency Funding
Incident Emergency Funding (IEF) responds rapidly to urgent cases of digital threats or attacks against human rights defenders, journalists, activists, or organisations. The funding provided can be up to €10,000 and can be used to cover costs, which will directly reduce the risk or impact of a digital attack. The funding covers activities for a maximum of four months, and we aim to respond to requests within two weeks.
Incident Emergency Funding can be used to cover
a number of costs related to a digital emergency or attack. This can include,
- replacement of hardware or software which has
been taken, lost or stolen;
- purchase of more secure hard- or software and
costs related to implementation of the new systems;
- technical or non-technical activities to
respond to urgent issues such as internet blockages;
- training or accompaniment on digital or other
- measures to improve physical security (which
relate to information management and digital security);
- measures to address the psychological and
psychosocial impacts of digital threats.
To apply for Incident Emergency Funding, fill out the secure application form here, answering the questions in as much detail as possible. Our Programme Officers will respond to you as soon as possible with a full application form or further questions.