Incidental Emergency Grants
How do I apply for an emergency grant?
To apply for an emergency grant, you can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for initial questions or advice. We will guide you through the application process, and see what we can do to support you. If you want to know more first, below we explain the requirements and what information we will need from you. However, sending an initial email is enough to get the process started.
To apply for an emergency grant, send an email to email@example.com.
Incidental Emergency grants are for rapid support to journalists, human rights defenders, NGOs, activists and bloggers who are facing an urgent digital emergency because of their online activities.
What kind of projects?
The emergency grants can provide financial emergency assistance that can be used for mitigating digital threats or digital emergencies by way of:
– digital security audit for organizations
– equipment replacements
– secure hosting
– VPN connections
– safe internet connections
– finding legal representation
– payment of legal fees
– other types of urgently needed expenses
Scope of the grant
The incidental emergency grants:
- Range from 1 – 10,000 Euro
- Run for a maximum period of 4 months
- Open to individuals and organizations under attack
- Process time of proposal max. of 2 weeks
Note that projects are only eligible if there is a digital emergency situation. This type of grant will not support projects addressing digital security issues that are more structural in nature.
Emergency grant process
The grant making process for Emergency Grants consist of the following steps;
- Potential grantees can submit their proposal by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, explain the following (don’t mention any sensitive info if your project is confidential):
– name of the project
– project goal
– country it takes place in
– duration of the project (max. 4 months)
– grant budget requested + explanation
– your name / you’re organization’s name
– aim and scope of the activities you/your organization is doing
– names + contact details of at least 2 references
- An initial assessment is made on the DDPs eligibility criteria
- The DDP secretariat will review and approve or reject the proposal
The DDP secretariat will inform the potential grantee of the outcome. For questions, email us at email@example.com